1 raw sweet potato or 1 yam
Total Time: 3 1/4 hrs
1. Preheat oven to 250°F.
2. Wash the sweet potato or yam (dark orange type).
3. Cut the sweet potato down the middle lengthwise.
4. Then cut long lengthwise slices about 1/3 of an inch wide and place them (not touching) on a cookie sheet in a single layer.
5. Bake in the oven at 250 F for about 3 hours.
6. This leaves the treats chewy. If your dog prefers a crunchy texture you can bake them 15 to 30 minutes longer.
For more ideas on how to keep your dog healthy, visit Pet Remedy Charts for a complete holistic home health care system using natural remedies and home cures, herbs, homeopathy, flower remedies and acupressure treatments in dog health care.